Sunday, May 13, 2012

Committing

To Anyone Out There Reading This:

You may have noticed my posts have been few and far between. While I could offer up a myriad of excuses, the truth is that I have not fully committed to this blog, choosing to spend my time elsewhere. I have been dreaming of a fancy blog on wordpress, a catchy domain name, professional layout, and all the works.

However, the truth is that I am just beginning and just starting to find my own voice, and even narrow down my subject matter, and this simple blog is perfect for that. So I will fully commit to writing in this blog consistently. Expect at least one new post a week. I don't dare promise more right now, but hopefully there will be more.

And there's something else I also want to do now. Last November I won NaNoWriMo for the first time. The built-in combination of competition, write-ins, general silliness, guilt trips, and thousands of writers committing to the same thing (and many kicking my ass), was incredibly motivating to me. Lagging near the end, I finally kicked into gear and cranked out the rest, completing the 50,000 words (and conveniently the story as well).

Well: now I am signed up for June Camp NaNoWriMo, which means another 50,000 word novel draft completed during June. My username there is sprites. I will update more on this subject but I just wanted to commit to that in writing now.

There. Two commitments. Now I must follow through. Watch this space.

Now, as it's Mother's Day, I'm off to call my mom.

Signed,

Kathleen


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm doing a blog post featuring Camp NaNoWriMo bloggers- would it be okay if I include a link to your blog? ~Raine

    ReplyDelete